Anyone can use the Flow Canvas in their OWN business or organisation without entering into a licensing agreement or without any certification.
HOWEVER those wishing to offer services to support other individuals, organisations or businesses in using the Flow Canvas, are obliged to enter the Flow Canvas Licensing & Certification Programme. This licensing and certification requirements are strictly enforced for providing such services and delivering the Flow Canvas tools as part of any programme and/or product.
A list of certified individuals and licensed organisations or businesses is published on the Flow Canvas website. Transgressions of the licensing and/or certification requirements must be reported at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The licensing and certification model includes two options:
- Agent Certification, or
- Provider License.
The Agent Certification is intended for individuals interested in delivering services to customers from their own existing network, or as part of the services offered by a Licensed Provider.
To qualify as a Certified Agent, an individual needs to be in good standing as a Certified Flow Canvas Practitioner, a Flow Canvas Facilitator, a Flow Canvas Coach or a Flow Canvas Master Coach. The following are required for each category of Agent:
- Practitioner: Have to complete the Practitioner Training Modules, pass the Practitioner Exam, pass Proof of Practice for Practitioners, and be an active participant in a Flow Canvas Practitioners Circle. Practitioners may use the Flow Canvas with their existing network of individual clients and/or as part of a Licensed Provider programme.
- Facilitator: Have to be an active Practitioner for at least six months, pass Proof of Practice in offering Flow Canvas training or facilitation, be an active participant in a Flow Canvas Facilitators Circle and make regular contribution to the Flow Canvas community of practice online events calendar and knowledge-base. Facilitators may act as Practitioners, and may also conduct training and facilitate group work where the Flow Canvas is applied.
- Coach: Have to be an active Facilitator for at least a year, contribute regularly to the Flow Canvas community of practice online events calendar and knowledge-base, be an active participant in a Flow Canvas Coaches Circle, and host Practitioner Circles and/or Facilitator Circles. Coaches may act as Practitioners and/or Facilitators, and are also mandated to host Practitioners Circles and/or Facilitators Circles.
- Master Coach: Have to be an active Coach for at least a year, be an active contributor to the Flow Canvas community of practice online events calendar and knowledge-base, teach at Practitioner Training Modules and host Coaches Circles. Master Coaches may also act as Practitioners, Facilitators or Coaches. They teach at the Practitioner Training Modules and host Coaches Circles.
Under Agent Certification, Practitioners, Facilitators, Coaches and Master Coaches are NOT allowed to market Flow Canvas services publicly. Only individuals, organisations or businesses with valid Provider Licenses may market Flow Canvas services.
Who the Agent Certification is for:
- Individuals interested in delivering Flow Canvas services under, and as part of, the service offering of a Licensed Provider.
- Individuals interested in offering Flow Canvas services to their existing network, but not as part of a larger programme and not publicised as an element of their marketing or sales.
The Provider License is intended for service provider organisations or businesses (and in unusual instances, individuals who present programmes) with proven records in delivering organisational development, enterprise development or entrepreneurial support events, interventions, initiatives or programmes, and which intend to use the Flow Canvas approach and/or tools, and/or market Flow Canvas as part of their services.
Licensed Providers act as representatives of the Flow Canvas “brand” and are therefore required to meet marketing specifications, which are updated from time-to-time. At least one professional permanently linked to the Licensed Provider must at all times be a Flow Canvas Agent in good standing.
Who the Provider License is for:
- Individuals, organisations or businesses with experience in delivering organisational development, enterprise development and/or entrepreneurial support implementation, who wish to use the Flow Canvas approach and/or tools in its service delivery, and/or who wish to market Flow Canvas as part of their services.
- Institutions or agencies offering programmes and/or services where they wish to implement the Flow Canvas as part of the programme and/or service.